Vern Potter Currency
What follows are the complete "Term and Conditions of Sale" for all items offered on this Site. In addition, links are provided to our Grading & Abbreviation Definitions used in the listing text, Show Schedule and methods to Contact Us.
1. All items are guaranteed genuine unless otherwise noted in the description or the attributions appended. Most items offered are one-of-a-kind; all items listed are accompanied by a scanned image. Each illustration is of the actual item with no alterations or enhancements.
2. We offer a 7 day return privilege for any reason on all items with two exceptions that are described in detail below. All items must be returned using the same shipping means, insured, and in their original labeled & undamaged holder. The merchandise must not have been offered for resale or submitted for third party grading and must be in the same condition as when it left our hands. The full purchase price, less shipping & insurance costs and credit card processing fees (if a credit card was used for payment) will be refunded upon receipt of the material. We do not offer items on approval so please do not abuse this return privilege as you potentially could deprive another buyer of the opportunity to purchase the item.
The two exceptions to the above guidelines are:
a. No item may be returned because of a defect that has been noted in the descriptive information.
b. No item that has been described as being graded by a third-party may be returned; periodically we offer items graded and encapsulated by third-party grading services and it is therefore not possible for us to examine or grade these items for ourselves while in the sealed holders.
In these two instances we offer the item AS-IS, with no return privilege.
3. We reserve the right to withdraw any item offered, at our discretion.
4. Prices are subject to change without notice.
5. All prices noted are in United States dollars (USD). U.S. residents may submit payment by cash, check, Postal Money Order, cashiers check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Discover). All orders paid for with cash, Postal Money Order, or credit card will be shipped immediately. Shipment to persons unknown to us paying by check or cashiers check will require 10 bank working days for the check to clear both banks. Please note--we recommend that cash payments sent through the mail be insured for the full amount submitted.
6. Unfortunately, because of the increased incidence of payment problems experienced in the industry with overseas shipments, all non-United States buyers must submit payment in cash. No credit cards, or checks can be accepted. Again, please be sure to insure your shipment for the full amount of the payment enclosed.
7. All orders must be submitted via the U.S. Postal Service, FAX, email or telephone. We welcome VISA, MasterCard, and Discover credit card purchases. To allow us to obtain the information required to process credit card orders and to maintain the necessary level of security, all credit card purchases must be completed by telephone or email. You may contact us at the following addresses or numbers with all orders or questions:
b. Telephone: 310-326-0406
c. Mobile phone: 310-994-3871, only when we are out of town or at a show; please see our Show Schedule.
d. FAX: 310-326-0406
e. Shipping address: Vern Potter, P.O. Box 10040, Torrance, CA 90505-0740
8. We are pleased to offer Volume Discounts as follows:
a. Purchase totals (excluding packaging, postage & insurance) that exceed $300 may deduct 5%.
b. Purchase totals (excluding packaging, postage & insurance) that exceed $500 may deduct 10%.
c. Dealer inquiries are invited.
9. Before placing an order, we recommend calling or emailing us to check on the availability of the items desired. We make every effort to maintain this Site current but time and memory lapses have been known to occur. We will place a brief hold on any items selected, pending receipt of your order and payment.
10. All deliveries made within California must include 9.25% of the purchase total (excluding packaging, postage and insurance) for State Sales Tax. California dealers must submit, or have on file in our office, a valid Resale Certificate.
11. All items will be shipped via U.S. Postal Service (USPS) insured under our private insurer's coverage at the same rates offered by the USPS, unless other arrangements are requested at the time the order is placed. Please select the appropriate postage and insurance fee from the following table and add it to your order total (excluding packaging, postage & insurance):
$100.01 to $300.00-------
$300.01 to $400.00-------
$400.01 to $600.00-------
$600.01 to $800.00-------
$800.01 to $1000.00-------
$1000.01 to $2000.00-------
$2000.01 to $3000.00-------
$3000.01 & Above------
12. Layaway requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis with the following guide lines: ⅓ down at the time the order is placed, ⅓ within 30 days and the balance, including postage & insurance, within 60 days. Late payments or uncompleted transactions are subject to forfeiture, handling, interest and/or restocking fees, as applicable. All materials will be held pending receipt of final payment. Other terms may also be considered, so please contact us.
13. The grading of currency deserves special attention to adequately describe the criterion and methods that are used to arrive at the grades presented. Please review our Grading Definitions for a detailed description of each grade that we use to attribute our currency.
14. To decrease the space required to describe the pieces offered, a number of abbreviations or contractions have been adopted. Each of the elements used herein are clearly defined in our Abbreviation Definitions table. Please review these definitions in advance to assist you in reviewing the items.
15. Each scanner and/or computer-monitor system produces an image and color combination unique unto itself and so variations will and do occur. After a great deal of testing of the scanners available on the market, the one capable of the most faithful color rendition with the highest line quality was selected for the presentations offered on this Site. Since no feature compensation or alterations to the scans presented are made, some images may appear to have a slightly tan or pinkish cast when compared to viewing the item with the naked eye. This phenomenon seems to be dependent upon the nature of the paper used to make the item, how the paper absorbs or reflects the scanner light and how the light is received by the sensors within the scanner. Our tests determined that these occurrences were almost independent of the brand of the scanners used. The line quality reproductions and basic color rendition, on the other hand, were found to be very dependent upon the brand and quality of the scanner employed and influenced markedly the scanner ultimately selected for use on this Site. One last note on scanned images; because of the thick plastic used to encapsulate 3rd party graded item, sometimes the scanned color is slightly darker than when viewed in person, This is brought about by the influence of the plastic of the holders--again, no attempt is made to compensate for this phenomenon.